You are browsing the archive for Gail Guthmiller.

Explosion victim works to reclaim his life

November 19, 2010 in The Daily Republic

On the afternoon of Aug. 17, Jose Aguirre wasn’t feeling well.
He had been sick for almost two weeks. A doctor said he had walking pneumonia, a diagnosis that explained the stuffed-up nose Aguirre had been suffering from.
His nose couldn’t tell him that there was a natural gas leak in his house at 718 E. Hanson Ave. in Mitchell. When he turned on his stove, the subsequent explosion did.
Continue Reading

Gas usage spiked prior to house explosions

August 26, 2010 in The Daily Republic

The gas usage of two area houses involved in recent natural gas explosions jumped between the last reading and the time of the explosions, according to a representative from NorthWestern Energy.
Tom Glanzer, NorthWestern Energy spokesman, said he could not release exact figures because of the company’s policy regarding customer information, but he said Wednesday that usage definitely increased in the time leading up to house explosions in Mitchell and Menno. Continue Reading

Skip to toolbar