by Hudson Star-Observer
July 17, 2012 at 5:19 am in Hudson Star-Observer
Crews from Xcel Energy, Hudson Police, Hudson Fire and St. Croix EMS responded to a simulated gas leak at 1327 Frear St. Tuesday morning. Continue Reading
Tags: energy, Government 1 Comment »
When we smelled leaking gas at the outside gas meter we called Xcel Energy. An employee arrived, used a sniffer to verify a leak and determine the origin. Turned out the leak was a fitting on a gas pipe outlet, not where the main gas line from Xcel connects. So the employee apologized and said it wasn’t their problem and left. The leak was on the “homeowners side” of the meter. When that happens you have to call a private company, as in a heating contractor to stop the dangerous gas leak. Until one of them can arrange to come out there is an undetermined amount of dangerous natural gas leaking into the atmosphere. Be warned, you cannot expect to be saved by Xcel Energy.
Like or Dislike: 0 0
Click here to cancel reply.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
To start connecting please log in first. You can also create an account.
Topics is proudly provided by the Forum Communications Company