by River Falls Journal
June 1, 2012 at 5:32 am in River Falls Journal
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker visited Hudson Saturday, May 26, and told about 200 supporters that his budget changes are working in Wisconsin. Continue Reading
Tags: Government, Politics, Wisconsin 5 Comments »
Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.
The ONLY Wisconsin governor in history who has had a legal defense fund.
LIMITED EXCEPTION: LEGAL DEFENSE FUND LIMITED TO DEFENSE OF VIOLATIONS ALLEGED
UNDER CHAPTERS 11 AND 12,WISCONSIN STATUTES
Wisconsin Statutes permit a state government official who is being investigated for or charged with a violation of campaign finance laws [chapter 11, Wisconsin Statutes] or prohibited election practices [chapter 12, Wisconsin Statutes] to establish a “legal defense fund” for expenditures supporting or defending the candidate while that person is being investigated for, or charged with, or convicted of a violation of those chapters.
Poorly-rated. Like or Dislike: 8 29
Why would a politician need a legal defense fund, when that politician himself directed his chief-of-staff to contact the DA when questionable activity by other people was discovered in his office?
1. DA is a Democrat, who has been trying to hunt down Walker for 2 years
2. 43 current staff members, including the personal secretary of the chief investigator, in DA’s office signed recall petitions (and personal campaign donations to Dem candidates says a lot too.)
3. “The former district attorney of Waukesha, Paul Bucher, asked Attorney General Van Hollen to investigate the way the John Doe has been conducted, and any breaches of confidentiality within and outside of the DA’s office. Bucher is concerned with the leaks that appear to be strategically released to members of the media, members of Mayor Tom Barrett’s staff, Democrat party political consultants and party officials. Bucher is also concerned the leaks appear to be timed to cause the most damage to Walker.”*
4.. A John Doe investigation is supposed to be “secret”, please explain all the leaks
5. How many other governors, in the history of the US, have been subject to such an extended, “secretive”, witch hunt by a County DA? If Walker is the first, then logically he has to be the first to hire legal counsel…so BIG deal…he’s acting like any normal person…
6. It is not uncommon to be forced to hire attorneys when dealing with government…pretty soon someone in St Croix Co will be hiring an attorney to keep the recycling police off his/her property and rummaging through outside garbage cans looking for illegal disposal of recyclables.
Of course you have to keep bringing this topic up, you can’t speak about what Barrett will DO, becasue aside from immediately calling for a special session to repeal Act 10 for his union buddies, he has nothing. EXCEPT to stick the people of Wisconsin with HIGHER TAXES!
Well-loved. Like or Dislike: 27 3
Someone sounds a little defensive, eh? Nothing from althouse hun?
Poorly-rated. Like or Dislike: 1 19
Someone sounds a little bitter and vindictive.
Well-loved. Like or Dislike: 15 0
This story is priceless…
Like or Dislike: 8 0
Click here to cancel reply.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
To start connecting please log in first. You can also create an account.
Topics is proudly provided by the Forum Communications Company