December 13, 2011 at 2:40 am in River Falls Journal
Firefighters were called to a town of River Falls house for a blaze that had engulfed the attached garage and had spread to the house at 1 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 10. Other firefighting units from Ellsworth and Spring Valley were called to assist. Strong winds hampered the firefighting efforts and the house, at W7678 770th Ave., was a total loss. There were no injuries to the home occupants or to responders. Firefighters left the scene just after 3 p.m. but were called back later that night to extinguish “hot spots” that flared up from the wind blowing embers. The cause of the fire was a turkey frying unit being used in the garage.