Take smell of gas seriously, warns NorthWestern Energy spokesman

August 25, 2010 at 3:14 am in The Daily Republic

If you detect a gas leak in your home, there’s a basic piece of advice that may save your life: Get out.
That’s what NorthWestern Energy spokesman Tom Glanzer said Tuesday in the wake of the second natural gas-related house explosion in the area in six days. A Menno woman, Gail Guthmiller, was killed in a blast Monday night.
On Aug. 17, Jose Aguirre of Mitchell was critically injured in an explosion at his home. Aguirre remains in a Minnesota burn center. (See related story, Page 12.) Continue Reading